Publication Ethic Statement
This statement clarifies the ethical behavior of all parties involved in the act of publishing articles in this journal, including authors, editor in chief, Editorial Board, peer reviewers and publishers (Bung Hatta University). This statement is based on the COPE Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors.
Ethical Guideline for Journal Publication
Publication of articles in peer-reviewed Jurnal Rekayasa is an important part of developing coherent and respected knowledge networks. This is a direct reflection of the quality of the work of the authors and institutions that support them. Articles that are reviewed by colleagues support and embody the scientific method. It is therefore important to agree on the standards of ethical behavior expected for all parties involved in publishing actions: writers, journal editors, and peer reviewers.
Authority and Responsibility
As an Editor must have the following performance and responsibilities;
- Editors are responsible for the journal content and continuity of the publications.
- Editors are obliged to make a writing guide for the author along with the template.
- Editors assess that writing is free from violations, honest and objective and independent.
- Editors ensure that the review process is transparent, objective and fair manner.
- Editors ensure that all papers are published through a review process by qualified partners.
- Editors guaranteed the reviewer are selected according to their competencies.
- Editors refuse article without review process or not in accordance with the scope of the journal or low quality
- Editor must disclose any information about the manuscript, except the author, reviewer, editorial board, and publisher.
Duties of Authors in making report;
Authors of reports of original research should present an accurate account of the work performed as well as an objective discussion of its significance. Underlying data should be represented accurately in the paper. A paper should contain sufficient detail and references to permit others to replicate the work. Fraudulent or knowingly inaccurate statements constitute unethical behaviour and are unacceptable. Besides this, there are several author obligations :
- Authors make a statement that the paper submitted for publication is authentic, has never been published anywhere in any language, and is not in the process of being submitted to another publisher.
- Authors ensure that the names listed as authors in accordance with the order of their contribution and are approved by all members. If there is any change, subtraction, or addition of the author's name, it is agreed upon by the other author.
- Authors responsible for the work and content of the article which includes methods, analysis, calculations and details.
- Authors will inform the editor if want to withdraw the writing.
- Authors must ensure that the written is original work. Authors not involved in plagiarism.
A Reviewer must be committed to carrying out their duties;
All manuscripts submitted in Jurnal Rekayasa will be peer reviewed by blind reviewer. The manuscript will be made anonym both for the reviewer and the authors(s). The final decision is determined by the agreement between the editorial board and the reviewer.
- Reviewer must be honest, objective, unbiased, independent, and stand in scientific truth.
- Reviewer must be critical in assessing the content of a paper in accordance with the field of expertise, keeping secrets, not taking personal advantage, and having the enthusiasm to improve the writings that have been studied
- Reviewer help editors in making decisions and helping the author to improve the quality of the manuscript.
- Reviewer required to always uphold the basic principles and scientific analysis in carrying out the process of reviewing a paper.
- The results of the review are delivered honestly, objectively and supported by clear arguments.
- Information or ideas obtained in the review process must be kept confidential and not used for personal gain.